This course is designed to prepare students for the journeyman air conditioning examination by explaining general mechanical concepts, equations, maintenance regulations and the Florida Building Code.
This preparation course will cover a review of the main topics for the journeyman air conditioning exam. Topics of discussion includes refrigeration, ductworks, pipe systems, codes, filters and related content, as well as several practice tests for training purposes.
Participant must have at least three years of field experience in the trade or education equivalent or a combination of the two, but not more than one-half consisting of education equivalent. Seminar assumes that the student has a basic understanding of mechanical theory and trade knowledge.
40 CO/HR (10 Saturdays)
8:30AM – 12:30PM
|JML 1||General Knowledge||5|
|JML 3||Systems & Sizing||8|
|JML 6||Plan Reading||6|
Course Description Details
Books required for class
- Florida Building Code 2014 — Energy Conservation, Available at www.iccsafe.org (ISBN: 5681L14)
- Florida Building Code 2014 — Building, Available at www.iccsafe.org (ISBN: 5601L14)
- Florida Building Code 2014 — Mechanical, Available at www.iccsafe.org (ISBN: 5631L14)
- HVAC Basics for Contractors, 2nd Ed. Available at www.provbookstore.com (ISBN: 978-1-269-23865-6)
- Advanced Mechanical Study Guide, Available at www.provbookstore.com (ISBN: 978-1-269-09518-1)
- Intermediate Mechanical Study Guide. Available at www.provbookstore.com (ISBN: 978-1-269-09524-2)